Monday 7 October 2013

Sewing machine

I would really love to have my own sewing machine, I've borrowed my mother-in-laws old singer machine a few times for card making in the past, but it's now not working. I've got so many ideas of things I would love to be making right now! My mum mentioned she might get me one for my birthday, so the other day I read millions lots of reviews and decided on this Janome it is the exclusive model for John Lewis and is the same as the 525s. This is a Which? Best buy and was on the Great British Sewing Bee too. There is a guide to buying your first machine on The Thrifty Stitcher Blog and you can view videos from Sewing Machines UK about the 525s here and here.
 

Janome 7025 by John Lewis

Janome Sewist 525s
 
John Lewis are fantastic on Customer Service, and having dealt with them from a company point of view with other electrical items, know that they are a good place to buy from. Also mums know best, and that's where she wants to take me ;) tehe!

4 comments:

  1. I've just bought the Janome 7025 and it's also £30 cheaper than the 525s!! It's marvellous!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ange, that's brilliant!! Hope you're loving your new machine! Xx

      Delete
  2. vintage 1950s Union Special chainstitching machine and are hemming the jeans exactly like how they used to be hemmed and SHOULD be hemmed. With a chainstitch, your hem will form a beautiful roping effect after time due to the opposite pull of denim during washing/shrinking. Omer Stotler

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can help you with Brother, Janome, Elna, Pfaff, Husqvanrna, Bernina Sewing machines and overlockers or Sergers. my homepage

    ReplyDelete